The year 2019 started on a good note. In Nigeria, tax attracted lots of predictions on aggressive revenue drive after the elections in February. BRC kept tabs on five (5) major tax topics in January 2019. Here goes…..
- The Federal Government of Nigeria rolled out Executive Order 007, Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme. More details here.
- Two (2) state tax authorities launched e-filing services for taxpayers. They are Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS), more details here, and Rivers State Internal Revenue Service – more details here.
- LIRS appoints employers and other payers as collection agents of capital gains tax on compensation for loss of employment. More details here.
- LIRS extends filing of annual tax returns. More details here.
- Federal High Court overrules Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) assessment of a company on a turnover basis.
Get the latest content delivered to your inbox.. Stay informed.